The FRESNO ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS®
1. CONFIDENTIAL. In general, all member information provided to F.A.R. by its members is treated as confidential and F.A.R. uses its best efforts to keep such information confidential and prevent unauthorized use. We will not share, sell or otherwise provide your information to any third party except to the National Association of REALTORS®, California Association of REALTORS®, Rapattoni Corporation, or as described in this document.
2. F.A.R. MEMBER COMMUNICATIONS. F.A.R. will use your preferred contact information to send you regular and special membership communications and publications. For example, members of F.A.R. receive a weekly membership newsletter and we will need to access and use your preferred mailing address and/or e-mail address to send you this publication. Please note that the weekly newsletter is a member benefit and that all members will automatically be included in this mail/e-mail list.
3. MEMBER REQUESTS. From time to time, you may contact F.A.R. and make requests. In order to respond to your request, we may need to access and use your member information. For example, we may need to access your preferred mailing address to send you the information you requested.
4. MEMBER DIRECTORY. As one of the many benefits of membership with F.A.R., we make available on our web sites, including www.fresnorealtors.com and www.fresnomls.com, a searchable database of our members called “Find A Member” or “Find A REALTOR®.” The purpose of this directory is to assist the public and our membership in locating and contacting our members. The Directory contains searchable characteristics about our members, such as the member’s name and/or company. The member information made available through these functions is intended to contain only the business information of our members. Under no circumstances will we intentionally display or make available your personal home addresses or telephone number in the REALTOR® Directory unless you indicated these to F.A.R. as your preferred contact information.
5. MEMBER ROSTER. A member benefit provided by F.A.R. is a printed member roster. This roster is a compilation of all the members of the Fresno Association of REALTORS®, and is only provided to members in good standing. This roster shall be treated as confidential, and shall not be reproduced or redistributed.
6. NAMES OF DIRECTORS AND COMMITTEE MEMBERS; USE OF PREFERRED CONTACT INFORMATION. For use by F.A.R. members and for purposes of conducting F.A.R. Board of Directors meetings, we make available on our web site (www.fresnorealtors.com) and in other print and electronic formats the names of those F.A.R. members serving as directors or committee members of F.A.R. In addition, in order to provide meeting related information and to send official Board of Directors notices, we access and use the preferred contact information of F.A.R. directors and committee members, including email and mailing addresses.
7. REQUEST FROM THE PUBLIC. If the public contacts F.A.R. and requests information regarding one of its members, we may check our member database and verify to the public whether the person(s) is in fact a member of F.A.R. We may also provide the public with the name and telephone number of the firm with which that member is affiliated. However, in no event will we provide personal information to the public, such as your home address and telephone number, unless you indicated these to F.A.R. as your preferred contact information or unless required by a subpoena, search warrant or other legal process or in the case of imminent physical harm to the public or other members.
8. E-MAIL POLICY. F.A.R does not provide access to its members or the public, to the e-mail database. However, as described in item 4 above, F.A.R. may include member e-mail information in the “Find A Member” or “Find A REALTOR®” functions.
9. “LISTSERVS.” From time to time, F.A.R. may create and maintain a “listserv” for a particular topic or subject of interest to its members. A listserv is a program that sends emails to the addresses on the listserv’s list. If you provided your email address to F.A.R., your email address may be used on a listserv. In other situations, the listserv may only be available if you affirmatively sign up to participate. In any event, if you decide you do not want to participate in a particular listserv, the first email you receive from the listserv should provide you instructions on how to opt out of the service.
10. ORDERS; CREDIT CARD INFORMATION. F.A.R. sells various real estate related products and services to its members. In order to process and complete orders, we may need to access your member information, such as your name, company name, address, state and zip code. This information will only be used to process your order (i.e. ship and mail your order) and to send you information regarding updates to the products or services you purchased. If you pay for your order by credit card, we will need to ask you for your credit card number and expiration date, which will be used solely to complete your order and otherwise kept confidential.
11. CHOICE/OPT OUT. F.A.R. recognizes the importance of your privacy. If you do not want your member information displayed or used in one or more of the manners described above, please read the following instructions:
To opt out of having your preferred contact information included in the Member Director, please FAX us at (559) 490-6464 or write us at: 6720 N. West Avenue, Fresno, CA 93711. Please be sure to specify in your FAX or writing that you want to have your preferred contact information removed from the F.A.R. Member Directory.
To insure your request is processed timely and accurately, please provide the following information with your request: first name, last name, office name, F.A.R. member number, and your signature. F.A.R. will process your request as quickly as possible; however, your name may continue to be reproduced in the Member Directory until the request is ultimately processed. F.A.R. apologizes in advance for any inconveniences this may cause.
To opt out of the weekly email newsletter, simply click the “unsubscribe” link on the email message.
Please note, if you are a director or committee member of C.A.R., you cannot opt out of having your name reproduced and your preferred contact information used in the manner described in Sections 4 and 5 above.
12. CORRECTIONS/UPDATES. If there is member information about you which needs to be corrected or updated, please FAX us at (559) 490-6464 or write us at: 6720 N. West Avenue, Fresno, CA 93711.